I got bored and thought if I can mix up an old PC with a newer(ish) graphics adapter so I took my old 2009 server from the storage and added on it GTX 1050 Ti.
The results were spectacular and I am sharing with you this experience.
In this video you also will learn:
- how to properly choose the CPU cooler and power supply,
- add thermal paste on the CPU,
- adding USB3.0 on computers without this,
- use Pci Express 3.0 graphics card on Pci Express 2.0 mainboard,
- use 2.5 inch disks on 3.5 inch slots.
Tested a lot of games with this set up. The links are at the end of this description.
CPU: Intel® Core™ i7-860 Processor (8M Cache, 2.80 GHz)
GPU: GIGABYTE GeForce® GTX 1050 Ti OC 4G
MB: GIGABYTE GA-P55-UD4 Intel® P55 Chipset
8GB Kingston HyperX DDR3-1600MHz CL9 2x4GB
4GB Kingston HyperX DDR3-1333MHz CL7 2x2GB