How to install zim on Mac OS X and create also Zim.app to run it easier.
1. Download the needed packages:
- ZIM source: http://zim-wiki.org/downloads.html
- PyGTK (this will make your zim window look nicer compared to using the Mac Ports option): http://sourceforge.net/projects/macpkg/files/PyGTK/2.24.0/PyGTK.pkg/download
- Platypus (this will create an app from your zim source directory): http://sveinbjorn.org/platypus
2. Install PYGTK.pkg (like a normal package: continue, continue, install, put your password, done).
3. Run Platypus and put the following:
Icon: Drag any icon you like or keep the default one if you do not mind
App Name: Zim
Script Type: Bash
Script Path: choose New and put the following line inside (replace
echo 'Hello, World'):
Author: as default (usually your name)
Version: as you wish
Uncheck all four options
Files to be bundled into the application's Resources folder: add the folder of zim source.
4. Click on Create button in Patypus, and your Zim.app will be created in the choosen directory. Enjoy!